During the Covid pandemic, communities are working hard to try to keep people healthy, support those who are sick or unemployed, and curb the spread of the virus. We know that for most of you, the last two months have been filled with learning new systems, transitioning to remote teaching/working/learning, and doing the best you can. We are right here with you.
The Media Education Foundation is committed to working collaboratively with librarians, professors, and staff to provide remote access to our films and resources.
Here are some of the things we’re doing to make that easier for you:
- Any customer that has purchased a DVD with PPR may stream it for free through the end of the school year (June 30th). Just contact us to put in a request.
- All films in our catalog are available at 20% now through June 30th. Enter code SPRING2020 at checkout.
- The entire MEF collection is available for universities, high schools, and public libraries to stream on Kanopy. Check here to see if your school or public library already has access. If you don’t, and you’d like to purchase a streaming subscription on Kanopy, we are offering special pricing. All 1-year streaming subscriptions purchased through May 31st will be discounted to $100 per title. Go here to learn more and enter code RESILIENCE at checkout.
- All one-week streaming rentals have been extended to run through the end of the school year. You can purchase an extended streaming rental here.
- We have lots of free discussion guides and handouts to engage students even while learning from home. Reach out with any questions. We’re here for you.
Connecting with us:
All of our staff are working remotely, and we’re available via email or you can leave us a voicemail and we’ll get right back to you. We’ve ramped up our capacity to provide extra support to you now and in the weeks ahead.
All streaming requests will be processed right away, but we are now shipping only once a week, on Fridays. If you have placed an order for a DVD and you need it rushed, please contact us and we will work with you as best we can.
Our team loves interacting with you wherever you’re online: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Whether we’re talking about the importance of good media literacy in a global crisis, or just finding ways to stay positive and support one another, we’re looking forward to connecting.
We’re talking with the scholars, educators, and filmmakers we collaborate with to plan alternative ways of connecting with you, your students, and your campus community. Skype sessions with filmmakers? Twitter chats with scholars? Whatever it ends up looking like, we’re going to try to use this moment to be creative and develop meaningful ways of connecting with you. Stay tuned!
Questions about anything else? We pride ourselves on being flexible, so if you have a question or an idea for us, please send us a message.
Stay safe and healthy, and let’s all try as much as possible to help each other out with compassion.