The Media Education Foundation is committed to working collaboratively with librarians, professors, and staff to provide remote access to our films and resources, particularly during the Covid pandemic.
Here are some of the things we’re doing to make that easier for you:
- The entire MEF collection is available for universities, high schools, and public libraries to stream on Kanopy. Check here to see if your school or public library already has access. If you don’t, you can purchase a streaming subscription on Kanopy via our website here.
- To support you through the pandemic, when you purchase an MEF title in one of these formats we offer — a DVD or a perpetual Digital Site License — you can get it in an additional format for free! Simply enter code BUYONEGETONE at checkout to get your free add-on.* There are two ways you can bundle and save:
- Purchase a Digital Site License, get a free DVD
- Purchase a DVD, get a free one-year streaming subscription.
- We have lots of free discussion guides and handouts to engage students even while learning from home. Reach out with any questions. We’re here for you.
Connecting with us:
All of our staff are working remotely, and we’re available via email or you can leave us a voicemail and we’ll get right back to you.
All streaming requests will be processed right away, but during the pandemic, we are shipping only once a week, on Fridays. If you have placed an order for a DVD and you need it rushed, please contact us and we will work with you as best we can.
Our team loves interacting with you wherever you’re online: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Whether we’re talking about the importance of good media literacy in a global crisis, or just finding ways to stay positive and support one another, we’re looking forward to connecting.
If you’d like to bring our films to your community or campus, we would love to work with you to help you host a virtual screening! We’ve worked with countless groups to set up screenings — both virtual and in-person. From universities looking for programming for students to nonprofit organizations organizing screenings and talkbacks, from community groups looking to host a panel discussion to professors looking to screen a film while teaching online, we’d love to help you create a successful virtual or hybrid event. Learn more.
Questions about anything else? We pride ourselves on being flexible, so if you have a question or an idea for us, please send us a message.
Stay safe and healthy, and let’s all try as much as possible to help each other out with compassion.
* Offer not valid for purchases made at the individual educator, public library, DVSA, or home-use pricing levels.