Working at MEF
Intern and volunteer positions are structured around the college semester system. Positions are available for Spring, Summer, and Fall. Internships and volunteer positions are unpaid, but we are able to offer credit for currently enrolled students. Interns do not need to be registered students.
Note on COVID-19: Our staff is working remotely for the foreseeable future, but we are planning to move forward with our internship program as usual. Internships may be remote until campuses re-open.
There are no current openings for Production Internships.
(8 hours a week minimum commitment. Flexible schedule between the hours of 9 am-5pm, Monday through Friday.)
Marketing interns gain experience in various aspects of market and distribution research, outreach, and public relations. Marketing interns assist in projects such as monitoring and posting to our social media sites, creating and assembling press kits, developing and updating content for the website, sending out new video releases to reviewers, submitting our films to conferences and film festivals, and proofreading print and web materials. On the administration side, interns will assist in all aspects of sales and distribution, and help with other front-office or finance operations. Desirable candidates will be curious, organized, self-directed, and able to multi-task. Strong writing and communication skills are essential. Familiarity with social media and basic HTML is a plus.
How to Apply for an Internship
Please apply via email by sending the following::
- A cover letter. Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the internship, how you learned of it, and its relevance to your academic work or vocational plans.
- A resume
- An unofficial transcript
- Show evidence of being a strong writer?
- Convey an understanding of MEF’s mission, including mentioning which specific MEF films you’ve seen?
- Express a keen interest for the work that MEF does?
- Discuss why you are specifically interested in marketing?
Internship Application Deadlines
- For Summer 2020 session: March 27, 2020
- For Fall 2020 semester: May 10, 2020
- For Spring 2021 semester: November 8, 2020
None available at this time