Working at MEF
(8 hours a week minimum commitment. Flexible schedule between the hours of 9 am-5pm, Monday through Friday.)
Marketing interns gain experience in various aspects of market and distribution research, outreach, and public relations. Marketing interns assist in projects such as monitoring and posting to our social media sites, creating and assembling press kits, developing and updating content for the website, sending out new video releases to reviewers, submitting our films to conferences and film festivals, and proofreading print and web materials. On the administration side, interns will assist in all aspects of sales and distribution, and help with other front-office or finance operations. Desirable candidates will be curious, organized, self-directed, and able to multi-task. Strong writing and communication skills are essential. Familiarity with social media and basic HTML is a plus.
How to Apply for an Internship
Please apply via email by sending the following::
- A cover letter. Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the internship, how you learned of it, and its relevance to your academic work or vocational plans. Please indicate in your letter which internship you are applying for — marketing or production — and either the summer, fall, or spring semester.
- A resume
- An unofficial transcript
Send Production internship applications to Jeremy Earp, Director of Production.
Send Marketing/Administration internship applications to Alex Peterson, Marketing Coordinator.
Applicants to the Marketing/Administration internship should, in addition to including the materials above, keep the following questions in mind. Does your cover letter:
- Show evidence of being a strong writer?
- Convey an understanding of MEF’s mission, including mentioning which specific MEF films you’ve seen?
- Express a keen interest for the work that MEF does?
- Discuss why you are specifically interested in marketing?
Internship Application Deadlines
- For Fall 2019 semester:
May 10, 2019deadline reopened and extended until August 30, 2019
- For Spring 2020 semester: November 8, 2019
- For Summer 2020 session: March 27, 2020
None available at this time